Classic Chicken Noodle Soup
Classic Chicken Noodle Soup aka a giant bowl of comfort. This recipe is so quick and easy you guys!
For this recipe we like to make our chicken extra tender so we can shred it up for the soup. We use a slow cooker and let the chicken cook for at least 2 hour on high or 4 hours on low. This is actually our go-to way of making chicken for any dish. Running low on time? Grab a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, shred it up and throw it in!
When it comes to the egg noodles, we welcome them. More is better! However if you are looking for a less noodle-y soup, only add half the amount as instructed. You can also use any other kind of pasta to substitute if you don't have egg noodles.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken broth (for slow cooking chicken)
- Dash of salt, pepper, and thyme (for slow cooking chicken)
- 1 clove garlic cut in half (for slow cooking chicken)
- 2 tbsp olive oil / 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 yellow onion (diced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 4 medium carrots (sliced)
- 5 stalks of celery (sliced)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups egg noodles
- Parsley for garnish (chopped in soup, optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a slow cooker, add chicken and 2 cups of broth along with a dash of salt, pepper, and thyme and 1 clove of garlic. Let cook on high for 2 hours.
- In a large stockpot, add 2 tbsp olive oil and put on medium heat
- Add diced onions and garlic, cook for 5-7 mins or until onions become translucent
- Add carrots and 1 additional tbsp of olive oil, turn heat to medium low and cook for another 5 mins
- Add celery 2tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper, stir and let cook for 3
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred up
- Add shredded chicken Add 1 quart chicken broth and 2 cups water
- Return to medium/high heat and bring to a simmer
- hold at simmer for 1 min, reduce to med/low heat
- Add egg noodles and stir
- Let cook for 10 mins or until noodles are fully cooked
- Add salt and pepper to taste and garnish with fresh parsley